Last month I introduced you to Cheryl Richardson and her book, Take Time for Your Life,. This month I’d like to share the latest information about SLEEP and hopefully inspire you to explore your sleep habits and how lack of sleep may be affecting you or your loved ones.
We live in a sleep deprived society and this has led to a rise in fatigue syndromes, daytime sleepiness, depression, clumsiness, and weight loss or weight gain and type 2 diabetes. It adversely affects the brain and cognitive function. If you simply ask a few people how they slept last night, you’ll be surprised at how many say poorly.
I would venture to say, you may be one of those who are not getting enough sleep. Want to know if you have a sleep deficit?
Here’s 4 things to know about sleep.
- You likely need more sleep than you’re getting. Find out here.
- Being sleep-deprived is common and you may not even know it’s affecting you.
- Sleep deprivation comes in two levels. Acute sleep deprivation means getting less sleep than usual over a night or two. Chronic sleep deprivation, on the other hand, means not getting quite enough sleep for weeks, months, or even years.
- When people experience acute sleep deprivation, their sense of feeling crummy and tired is aligned with the actual impact of not sleeping enough.
- When people are chronically sleep deprived, they tend to underestimate how much it’s affecting them.
- Acute sleep deprivation affects people in many ways:
- Decreased cognitive performance
- Worsening of mood
- Daytime sleepiness
- Chronic sleep deprivation is associated with long-term health effects.
- Anxiety and depression
- Cardiovascular disease
- Inflammation throughout body
- Weaker immune system
- Increased risk of obesity
Only you can answer the question about how much sleep you’re getting (or not getting). I hope you’ll take time to give this some thought and do what you need to do to get your Zzzz’s. Your good health depends on it.
Want to get support for finding products or treatments right for your skin? Join us at the Christine Byer Beauty Club. We offer a 14-Day FREE Preview with full access to everything in the Club. Ask Christine questions and have access to savings and the opportunity to win a FREE consultation. If you don’t find value in your membership, cancel within the 14 days at no charge. We think for 3 cents a day it’s a phenomenal deal.
Want to have skincare videos and updates delivered to your inbox?
Products You May Like:
NeoGenesis Recovery – Use every day on clean skin for the foundation of a great skincare regimen.
Just Say Ahh – Revitalizing Cleanser – Awakens the skin with Ginseng, Orchid Extract and Glyco-proteins.
Scrub Away the Day – Cleanser with Fruit Acids & Jojoba Beads from CBE Botanicals Collection